Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Skinny on Weight Watchers vs. My Fitness Pal




 vs.

For as long as I can remember I have been “dieting”.  I’ve tried South Beach, Atkins, Dukan, Weight Watchers, My Fitness Pal and now again I’m back on Weight Watchers.  In the past 7 months I really started to dedicate myself more to getting healthy and losing those pesky inches that I’ve been carrying around what seems like forever.  I had a lot of luck with My Fitness Pal, I lost 27 pounds following their plan.  I watched the calories I took in and worked out 6 days a week.  Then one week the weight stopped coming off and I was in complete stall mode.  No bueno!  My stall really deterred me from keeping going so I stopped and luckily didn’t see really any of the weight come back on.  I knew that I still had another 15-20 pounds I really wanted to lose though so I decided to try out Weight Watchers again.  


One HUGE difference between WW and MFP is that with WW I really have to watch what I’m eating, not just the calories but how healthy it is.  With MFP I could eat a few high calorie items but feel ok that I didn’t go over my 1300 for the day.  That method does not fly with WW.  I really have to plan my weekly meals out in order to stay at my points and not go over. I do have to say though that I like that about WW’s because the main thing is that I want/need to be eating healthier and that wasn’t happening with MFP. 

So far on WW I’ve lost 3 pounds in two weeks, which I’m pretty happy with.  I think the first ten are going to be the harder than the last ten.  I’ll be sharing my progress in the weeks to come, as well as some great and healthy recipes that I’ve made.  


Thanks for reading!  Hope you enjoy, as always please feel free to leave comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment